Monday, December 12, 2011

A Busy Weekend

There is much to report on this weekend so I will try not to be too wordy. Friday morning, I had my bloodsugar test at Piedmont OB. I had to drink a big bottle of what tasted like melted orange popscicle syrup. It wasn't great, but it was not nearly as bad as I feared. Then I had to wait exactly one hour before they drew multiple vials of blood to send off for the results. The doctor said that if they did not call us this week, then that means that I passed and that I should expect a letter stating such. Lets hope I pass... I don't want to have to do the all day test. =(

Secondly, we had classes at CMC main this Saturday. Yay, baby classes! I took a Transition to Motherhood class from 10-1pm, and then Michael and I both had Taking Care of Baby from 1:30-3:30 and Infant CPR from 3:30-4:30. There was somewhere between 15 and 20 pregnant women in my Transition to Motherhood class. As you can imagine, the wait line at the restroom during the breaks was a sight to see! We received a great deal of useful information, and are looking forward to the Childbirth and Labor Support class that we have scheduled in January.

Last but not least, we were able to get together with Murphy's http://heartofteammurphy.com/ and Trent's http://www.babytrentwilliams.blogspot.com/ families on Sunday for dinner. We had great conversation and great pizza. Trent and Murphy were both as cute as ever and Trent's big brother Braxton was a lot of fun to talk to. Michael and I are really enjoying getting to know these two families and thank God every day that He has allowed us to live so close together so that we might have each other's support and fellowship both in parenting and in our shared faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment